Saturday, August 31, 2013

144. Tokyo - Grubbin' on Gyoza at Tokyo Haneda Intl Airport / 羽田空港せたが屋の餃子

Instead of flying out from Narita International Airport (NRT), I chose a departure flight from Tokyo Haneda Airport (HND).  Haneda Airport is much closer to the city center, which shortens the time needed to get to/from the airport drastically.  I saved on the extra commute time, so I wandered up to Edo Market on the fourth floor to check out the airport's pre-security restaurant offerings.


I found a ramen shop called Setagaya (せたが屋) in the corner of Edo Market (江戸小路).  It is ideal for travelers flying individually or in small groups since it is a small space.  A ticket vending machine greets you to the right of the entrance.  This is where you are supposed to make your selection and pay.  As soon as you find a seat, you hand the ticket over to the server.  Their specialty is ramen, but I had not had any gyoza (餃子) in Japan during my six days there, so I knew I had to have some before I left the country.

For now, though, ikimasho... we gotta go! I'll try the noodles the next time I fly out of Haneda Airport.  There is also a Tsurutontan (つるとんたん), famous for their giant bowls of udon noodles in the Edo Market as well.  Until next time, let's all get S.O.F.A.T.

ML - 20130630

1 comment: