Monday, June 6, 2011

Post 53: National Doughnut Day 2011

Last Friday was National Doughnut Day.  I wrote a post on National Doughnut Day last year after opening my eyes to some simply amazing doughnuts in Seattle.  Okay, scratch that.  I wrote two posts.  Counts on fingers.  Yes, that's right... two posts.  So to celebrate the big culinary holiday this year, I thought about heading to a local donut shop to purchase a dozen for the office... but I was running late, so no donuts.  But I walked into the office with a resounding chorus of, "Where are the donuts man?"


I have a habit of wanting to feed people until they balloon to human-sized chubby marshmallows, so I think everyone expects me to bring food in.  But lucky for me, I walked into our kitchen and found two boxes of Krispy Kreme, courtesy of colleagues on the other side of my cube wall.  So, "hey, uhhh... there are donuts in the kitchen!"


So happy National Doughnut Day to everyone.  No special doughnuts to celebrate with this year.  But I have found a few places in the Orange County area that require a visit.  In the meantime, check out my So Cal Krispy Kremes and my NYC Dunkin' Donuts.



And kick up your feet while bumming around to Bruno Mars', "The Lazy Song."  That's what I have on repeat lately.  Until the next culinary holiday, let's all get S.O.F.A.T.

ML - 20110603

No comments:

Post a Comment