Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Post 47: Chillin' Out at Lazy Ox Canteen (LA: Little Tokyo)

For Duke's birthday Diana chose Lazy Ox Canteen for the birthday boy to have his dinner celebration. 

The highlight for me was the dashi marinated yellowtail.  The yellowtail was fresh, and its texture matched that of the avocado evenly.  I wished the pork belly in the poblano soup was crispier and saltier like bacon, but maybe I'm being nit-picky.  The pasta was tops, and the cauliflower was surprisingly tasty.  But I was not a fan of the chicharron.  Although it was fried to a perfect crisp, the fat was too much for me to handle.  It was almost like cream cheese.  Everything else... thumbs up.

But enough of me.  I'll let the birthday boy do the talking.  He's got the better camera anyway.  Ooohhh, painful joke for me, Duke... hit me right where it hurts.  But it's okay.  Happy birthday, buddy!

Good food, good friends... it was a fun night.  See Duke's post on Lazy Ox here.

Until the next birthday, let's all get S.O.F.A.T.

ML - 20110212

No comments:

Post a Comment