Monday, December 27, 2010

Post 43.1: Running Late with Cupcakes (BUR-SJC: WN 1876)

Arms full of guava cheese rolls and red velvet cupcakes, Jessica and I walked out of Porto's Bakery at 7:50 a.m.  Boarding was in 10 minutes.  



Luckily, in the next fifteen minutes, I managed to arrive at the airport, check in my bags (filled with Cactus Cooler for the Bay Area kids who lack this delicious pineapple flavored soda), get through security, run to the gate, hop on the plane and buckle myself in... just in time.  Thankfully, I made it.  How we managed to do all that in fifteen minutes... I'll never know (thanks Jessica).  But flying down Hollywood Way while polishing off chicken croquettes in order to catch a flight to San Jose for a birthday brunch is not something I ever want to do again.  Ever.


I wanted to bring some of Porto's finest pastries up to the Bay for Vickee's birthday.  Seeing Vickee, Aparna and two fully grown men gleam at how moist and soft the red velvet and dark chocolate cupcakes were made the morning panic completely worth it.  

Tip: let the cupcakes sit out of the fridge for at least 10 minutes for best taste and texture.


Side note: San Jose Airport's newly remodeled terminal is gorgeous.  And I say that relative to LAX and Bob Hope Airport.  The natural sunlight from the skylights and wide windows gives the terminal a bright and clean look... although the long walk from the gate to baggage claim (or security to the gate) really should include a people-mover.


Happy birthday, Vickee!

Next post: San Tung Korean-Chinese food

ML - 20101227/20101211

No comments:

Post a Comment