Friday, September 3, 2010

Post 33: Lessons Learned

Lesson One

This week I lost a perfectly good sandwich (well, half of it) to the floor (carpeted) due to my inferior lack of prioritization.  Upon returning from Vons with a freshly prepared deli sandwich, I unwrapped my sandwich and placed it on my desk near by keyboard.  I was so excited about my dark chocolate Reese's peanut butter cups that I swiveled my chair around to put the chocolate in the drawers of my desk.  When I turned around...

HUH?! My sandwich (well, half of it) was gone.  Where did it go?

The floor.  Apparenly my sandwich had rolled off my desk.  How did that happen? Well, I was careless enough to place it on the carpal-tunnel-preventer tool/object/device (AKA wrist rest).  And my bread was a round, torpedo-shaped roll.

The bread was here; the turkey was there; the tomatoes, onions, and pickles were everywhere.  Sadness.  I salavaged what I could... mainly the cheese (oh, my dear pepper jack), lettuce, and the other slice of bread.

So lesson learned.  Eat sandwich first; worry about candy bars later.  And be wary of where you put your unwrapped sandwich at lunch.  Do not, under any circumstances, leave it anywhere near the keyboard or carpal-tunnel-preventer tool/object/device.  Better yet, never eat sandwiches with round bread.  It's sliced bread from now on for me.  Or pitas.  Yes, pitas.

Lesson Two

Never buy samosas from gas stations in Woodland Hills, especially if they aren't made by Indians, and super especially if they've been sitting under a tepidly warm heatlamp.  Wait 'til you get a chance to hit up some true authentic places.  Ughhhhh.  Lesson learned.

Lesson Three

There is no lesson.  Don't repeat mistakes from the aforementioned lessons.  I'm going to NYC for some US Open tennis matches and some delicious grub.  Whoo hoo!

Posts to come... until then, let's all get S.O.F.A.T.

ML - 20100903

No comments:

Post a Comment