Tuesday, May 10, 2011

F.A.T. News 7: World's Largest Model Airport

I've been losing myself in this video of the model airplanes taking off and landing several times now, and around the one minute mark I start to believe that the model airplanes are real.

This trumps all childhood Lego sets:
World's largest model airport opens to rave reviews
article by Ben Mutzabaugh, USA TODAY



This is the coolest model I've ever seen in my life.  If I could have brought this home with me from Toys"R"Us as a child, I would have never asked for another toy or Lego set.  But then again the article says, the model airport took six years to build, and I'm sure I would not have had the patience or the attention span to build anything remotely similar to this back in the day.  That's major attention to detail... insane.  I'm going to click 'play' again now.  So cool.

ML - 20110506

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool Michael - thanks for sharing it. I was absolutely obsessed with Legos as a kid (hence the structural engineering career) and the only type that really interested me were the Lego City series, which to this day I can play with for hours (Dina even got me a small set for new years!).

    ReplyDelete