Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Post 46.1: Unexpected Pit-stop at Chego (West LA: Palms)

Simple story.  It was Friday night.  Time to go out to dinner with friends.  I got hungry.  What else is new? So while picking up the ultimate automobile-challenged friend in Palms, I dropped by Chego for a little snack before dinner.


Rose recommended that I get the Rock Yer Road, which is Chego's version of a rocky road ice cream.  Perfect! Cuz rocky road is my faaaaavorite.  The Rock Yer Road is chocolate ice cream with smoked almonds, caramel, brownies, marshmallow fluff on the side, and a Luxardo cherry on top.  I don't usually don't care too much for caramel (way too sticky) or marshmallow (way too gooey), but I could deal with this.  Yum.  And what made all this super sweetness even better? Doughnuts!



Okay, so I'm not a huge fan of doughnuts, but I started to eat a lot of doughnuts last year... and I'm getting hooked.  I guess I could say that I didn't used to be a fan of doughnuts, but hey, I'm capable of change, ha.  I think I know who's gotten me into this doughnut fad... ahem... Duke.  But I digress.  These hand-made doughnuts were light and fluffy inside, and they were the perfect mattress to hold the blanket of ice cream that I layered on top.  Doughnuts + rocky road > Mr. Pibb + Red Vines.  More than crazy delicious.

I'll make a stop for real next time to try out everything on the menu.  I hear the buttered kimchi chow and the pork belly are amazing.  Until then, let's all get S.O.F.A.T.

ML - 20110121

No comments:

Post a Comment